I'm getting really good at this... I am being admitted to the hospital on Monday (if there is a bed available) for three days to get my PICC placed and start on my 4th IV antibiotic in as many months. This will be 4 hospital admissions, 4 different IV antibiotics and 3 PICC lines...all in 4 months time. What a whirlwind. Throw in my 2 ER visits and I think I've made it onto some type of shit list with my insurance company.
I had an appointment with Dr. Dazzle and the team today. They were able to find 68 doses of IV Amikacin in Texas! The place in Texas will ship these to me weekly and my home care company will just come a couple times a week to do blood work and dressing changes. I'm excited that we now have what I need and I can get started on this last phase of IV's. I just want to get this part of the treatment plan over with. I'm ready to move on with my Mycobacterium Absessuss being history...until it rears it's ugly head sometime in the future. Hopefully, really, really far in the future!
6 comments:
So sorry you are going through so much in such a short time .Im glad they found the Amikacin .My son Hunter /7 years takes it neb 14 on and 14 days off .Hope things get better for you .
I'm sorry you're being admitted again :( However I'm SO HAPPY they found medication for you!!!! Hugs Cyster <3
Yay for the Amikacin. Boo for being admitted. Let me know and I will see if I can come visit! : )
I admire you for staying so strong through this damn bacterium!
Awesome!! Oh, and welcome to the insurance shit list club. ;-)
I LOVE that line about the insurance shit list - I can't stop laughing about it. It's soooOOOOoooOOOoooo true! ♥
Post a Comment