Yeppers, it looks like I'm being admitted again tomorrow. We CFer's often affectionately call the hospital "The Hole". Day 5 of fevers does not make Dr. Dazzle happy. I'm frustrated. This wasn't part of my plan. The fevers have continued. They are very sporadic and change quickly from low grade to pretty high. At 4pm today I was at 101.5 and felt like crud.
My blood cultures have not yet showed signs of infection. However, with such a low white blood count it may be tough to pick up an infection in me right now. I am going to mosey into the hospital tomorrow, they are going to pull my PICC and I am going to get my IV's though a peripheral IV for a day or two. Then they are going to place a new PICC, in the other arm, on Thursday. Hopefully, I'll be able to go home Thursday or Friday.
If we go along with this plan and the fevers stop, we know it was likely my PICC being a trouble-maker. If my fevers continue for a time, but go away eventually, than this is all probably a virus. If the fevers continue indefinitely, then we know that they are a side effect of the antibiotics. If that's the case, I will just have to work on managing the fevers for the next 2 months, while I'm on these IV's. That makes me a little nervous, because How will I know that I have an infection??? There's a question for Dr. D.
So this isn't all bad. At least I'm heading in feeling horrible. It will be nice to just lay back and be served for a couple days. One annoying this is that the CF floor is full...NO VACANCY! Therefore, I have to stay in the adult hospital...Boo! It's not quite as fun :-/
3 comments:
That is a big "Boo" hope they figure it all out. Get some rest..well as much as you can in the hole! So you usually get to stay at the children's hospital? Shoot I always have to be the adult hospital. I'll have to inquire about that. :)
ACK!!! I was so hoping your fevers would behave themselves and GO AWAY!!!
Here's to you feeling better ASAP, being waited on by some steller nurses and getting some much needed R&R.
Dangit!!! You'll be back to your kick booty self in no time :)
Post a Comment