Forget the previous post... It is completely null and void now. Dr. Dazzle just swung by...yes, at 9pm at night...to tell me that I have a white blood count of "0" now, do to my IV drug. I have 100 neutrophils total. Basically, I have absolutely no immune system. We are going to start Neupogen tonight, but Dr. Dazzle thinks my staying on the Cifoxitin is going to do more harm than good in the long run. I will have no PICC placed tomorrow and will likely start on about 4-8 weeks of Amikacin IV once it's available in the US again.
My, oh, my how quickly plans can change! So I'm disappointed that I failed yet another IV antibiotic. I have been on 3 and have failed all 3. Yet, Dr. Dazzle thinks the nebulized Amikacin is working well for me, so we'll stick with that and the oral antibiotics for a while until we can get a hold of the IV Amikacin. Then we'll try again and start over.
I guess I'm getting a little respite I wasn't planning on...
3 comments:
I still can't believe that Amikacin isn't available. Ughh!!! I just know it's going to be your miracle drug!!!!
Neupogen brought my neutrophils up with just 2 shots, so I hope it does the same for you. The shots hurt a bit, but nothing a CFer can't handle. Much love and light headed your way!!! XO
Hmm, that doesnt sound all that great, but let me know if any type of drunken potatoy, bacony soup would help. I'm pretty sure that it has some sort of magical mystical properties. I'll be sure to give it to your bro next Monday if you can trust him not to devour it:)
Good luck kid and keep on fightin!
-T
Good thing you know a CF dealer that hooked you up with the nebbed amikacin:) Sorry to hear you are feeling so crappy. Hopefully they will figure everything out and you will start feeling better soon. Oh, and get out of there. A hospital is no place for a person without an immune system.
Kevin
Post a Comment