So I have been feeling well, still tired, but OK overall, for the past 5 days. We've been making the most of this little "IV vacation"! Crazy to say that, since I am still on 3 antibiotics, one anti-fungal, a probiotic, a bunch of vitamins, Singulair and nebulized albuterol. However, the IV's are just so intense, that any break from them is reason to celebrate.
We had a blast at my dear friend Elizabeth's Halloween Party on Saturday!


My little guy, Jake, won for the scariest costume in the kids costume contest!
Tonight we went trick-or-treating at my grandmothers nursing home. I made Jake cute, not scary. He passed out in the car before we even started.

Oh, the weekend was great for other reasons too! It was 80 degrees and sunny here in Cleveland, Ohio State won against Purdue on Saturday and the Cleveland Browns won against the New Orleans Saints on Sunday! It doesn't get much better than that!
Basically, I'm enjoying this little reprieve. I've got an appointment with Dr. Dazzle on Thursday. I have a couple little things to discuss with him...like my right eye and left ear acting funky. My sinuses are also really trying to give me trouble. I think they are confused, because they are being blasted with antibiotics. They really want to be infected, but the drugs won't let them... Fun stuff! The Amikacin that I will be starting IV has been out of stock for months. Hospitals are just starting to get it back in stock. However, the home care companies do not have access to it yet. We are working on trying to get some in the hands of a home care company that can work with me. This may take a week or two. When we get it figured out I will go to RB&C to have my PICC placed, then have my first dose on IV's in the Dialysis Center. Then I can go home the same day! No hospital stay this time...Woo Hoo!
That's all for now... Off to enjoy more IV-free days before I'm hooked up again!
2 comments:
Your costume is adorable...and so are your little trick-or-treaters! I am glad to read that you are getting some energy back!
So glad to hear you've got some energy back!! And super YAY to the no hospital stay! Happy Halloween!!!!!!!
Post a Comment