I think I overcompensated for having been completely out of it the week before. Nothing or nobody was going to stop me from doing everything that I set my mind to last week. I've decided that I am going to try t o pace myself for the remainder of my weeks left on IV's. I just can't get it all done every day without paying for it later. This will be a challenge for me, since I am typically and all or nothing type of girl.
So, I have a new attitude. I have got to limit myself and take care of myself. If I keep running myself ragged I will be no good for my family. I have to be kind to my body...I have to slow down...if I want to be available for my lov
ed one's when they need me. My friend, Piper, reminded me of this when I was laboring over my treatment decision a month or so ago. She used the airplane oxygen mask analogy. I've flown a lot in my lifetime and over and over have heard the statement that "you must secure your own oxygen mask before helping others secure their masks". This is so true. I have also heard this time and time again as a Social Worker. We are always told to practice self-care to avoid burn-out. Again, you can't help others if you yourself are a wreck. This is what I need to constantly keep in the back of my mind when planning my day over the next few months. This is my new mission.All in all I feel pretty good. The thrush is gone and so is the nausea. I continue to get my blood drawn twice a week to look for evidence of bone marrow suppression. This is the one thing that may derail this treatment plan. So far the bone marrow is looking strong. Good Stuff!
2 comments:
Stacey, I did the same thing when I got out of the hospital. I think we just get so cooped up in there that we want to do it all. I unfortunately over did it with a few too many drinks with friends! I also had to slow down this past weekend. Glad your getting rest. Impressed that you are working out with that picc in your arm. You go girl!
Good Golly, Stac! Take it easy! Gotta let those drugs do their job, ya know? Glad you are taking a moment to reevaluate your scenario.
That Piper is a smart lady. :-)
Peaceful Things.
Post a Comment