I was doing so well with this treatment initially. It was all going so smoothly...until they got me up to the 50mg of Tigercycline. I had one really bad nausea day in the hospital, but n
ow it's just annoying. It's very similar to morning sickness, but I have no little bundle of joy at the end of the rainbow to look forward to. I am on anti-nausea medications, which mask the nausea, but make me EXTREMELY exhausted. I guess it could be much worse, but this low-grade nausea and exhaustion is wiping me out! So much so that I have no interest in picking up a book or the computer. Writing this blog post is a stretch. So much so if they were to offer me a wheelchair now I would gladly accept.I am also overwhelmed. I have so many medications...it's difficult to keep everything straight. I have to mix my own IV's before administering. I have to use a syringe and measure out sodium chloride and inject it into a vial of powder, which is the actual Tigercycline. I have to wait for it to dissolve, then measure it our with the syringe and inject it into the IV container with the saline. Then I move on to the SASH procedure. I then have to take a syringe and measure out a specific amount of Amikacin that I need to mix with albuterol and nebulize. A HUGE thanks to a fellow CFer who got me out of the Amikacin jam I was in!!! You know who you are! In total, I am on 4 antibiotics, two anti-nausea meds, nebulized albuterol, singulair, Vitamin D and a super-strong probiotic. I can't believe the body can tolerate this much medication...this many chemicals! I can't help but think about what my body is going to suffer, due to this invasion. I really hope the benefits outweigh the abuse to my body.
Basically, I'm just laying low. I'm sleeping tons and trying to spend any time awake with my family. I really wanted to be well enough to get back to working out, but it doesn't look like that's happening anytime soon. I'm just hoping my body gets used to these drugs and that I gain some energy over the next few weeks. It will be a huge bemmer if I feel like this for the next 8-12 weeks while on these IV's.
A huge thanks to my mom for watching my kiddos and doing all of my laundry while I was in the hospital. That was priceless. Another huge thank you to my amazing friend, Elizabeth, who brought dinner over for my family last night. It was such a whirlwind of an evening, but it was great to take some time out to eat yummy food at the table as a family without having to worry about cooking! These were the greatest gifts we could have been given yesterday :-)
3 comments:
Remember, this is why you are on disability during this treatment. We know it will be hard, but not impossible. So glad to hear you have a team to help. Hang in there!
Hey Cyster - I just read this blog after you responded to my comment. I'm so sorry to hear about this :-( I know you're sick and tired of being so sick and tired. I wish I could cure you with some magical words. Please let me know if you need anything - even if you wanna chat (FB or AIM or Skype). Do you watch Glee at all? It's coming back on this Tuesday and I think it might be a fun thing for you to watch when you are relaxing. Maybe? It's a feel good show. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers and I hope you can conquer the bacteria ASAP and be back to your normal self. ♥
Was just checking out your blog to see if there was an update on how you were feeling. Hope that you are OK and can give us an update soon. ((hugs))
Post a Comment