So after I first listened to the message I thought...no big deal. It's just a little slicing and digging in my arm. It's only going to take 30 minutes. I've had 2 organs removed...this is NOTHING. Then I googled pictures of skin excisions. Icky! It looks like they take a big area and that that go pretty deep. Sometimes they have to put in an inner and outer row of stitches. What a pain in the ass!
So I've decided to shut my computer down for the night after posting to my blog so I don't freak myself out more than necessary. I tend to do that quite often when I start researching my own medical conditions. I refuse to think of this as anything but a harmless little freckle. I'm sure they are just being proactive in removing the area.
I do wish that my abnormal cells would have been found near one of the horrible tattoos that I got the day I turned 18...just because I could... Better yet, it would be nice if the cells were found on my belly and the excision could double as a nice little tummy tuck. No such luck!
On the lung front, I feel AMAZING! I really feel like this combination of antibiotics, along with the Spireva are working wonders. After my appointment in May, Dr. Dazzle let me go back on a 3 month clinic schedule. I was going monthly for about 6 months, then every two months. I've progressed to the point where quarterly will do :-)
Have a fantabulous 4th of July weekend! Please wear your sunscreen!
11 comments:
Think of the excision as a pass so they can bill the insurance company big bucks. Don't go looking for reasons to stress. Stress can find you on its own, trust me.
Instead why not think of it more along the lines of Real Housewives of Cleveland's version of botox?
I'm curious what 2 organs you had removed? I hope the process goes okay. Good idea putting the computer away. I always freak myself out. Good Luck!
Thinking good things for you, sweetie!
Can't sleep tonight, so thinking of you Stacey, and praying things go smoothly and recovery is quick!!
My father in law is a dermatologist and I transcribe all his surgery notes, so while I don't know much about skin cancer, I know that the vast majority of these excisions are very simple procedures. In fact, Chris (my husband) had a basal cell carcinoma on his cheek that my father in law removed a couple of weeks ago. I got to watch the surgery and it was quick, easy, and he just has a tiny little scar on his cheek. So, hopefully, that will be the case with yours. Good luck though , and try not to worry too much.
As if you don't have enough to deal with already...I am sure everything will work out fine, but its god you had this checked out. And I am soooooo glad you are feeling better. :) Now, let's just keep it that way.
Keeping my fingers crossed for good news and sighs of relief, Stacey.
It sucks to be left wondering. So put us out of our misery and let us know what tattoos you have and where.
(I'm thinking of getting one! Advice? Helpful hints?)
Thank you all for the love!
Kelly, I don't know whether to be flattered or insulted that you think I could be part of the Real Housewives of Cleveland. Those Real Housewives are crazy...but they're cute and rich...so I'll go with compliment :-)
Emilee, I had my appendix and gall bladder removed at the same time a few years back. I don't miss them!
Josh, I miss you and I love you. I will call you soon!
Marcia, I'm so glad you've taken a blogging break due to things going so well for you. That makes me smile :-)
Teresa - Thanks so much for the info! I've talked to a few people who hae had it done and they all said it looks and sounds scary than it actually ends up being. I still think it's Xanax worthy, so I'll be popping a pill before the procedure!
Colleen - I am feeling so, so excellent overall...this is just a tiny blip! So glad to hear things are moving along with the adoption :-) I can't wait to watch things progress!
Lizi, Lizi, Lizi...I can't tell. They are so horribly embarrasing. Ok, ok, you got it out of me. I have this stupid bunny on my stomach. It's not even in a fun place. When I got pregnant it expanded into a huge monster bunny. HORRIBLE! I have a little flower on my shoulder and a cat (my deceased cat) on my ankle. Maybe cute for an 18 year old in 1993, but not so flattering on this 35 year old body. Now you owe me an embarrasing piece of info about you!!!
My favorite part, "I feel AMAZING!"
oy! looking stuff up on the computer is the worst! i have to train myself not to do it!
-Hattie
Woman, I need pictures please! Do you regret all of them or just the animals? Oh shoot, I just realized that the tattoo I'm thinking of getting is an animal too! Uh oh- maybe I need to re-think it.
Post a Comment