Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I did a few Thankful Thursday's a while back, but fell out of the habit. Ronnie & Mandi just encouraged everyone to start again...so here I am writing on a Thankful Thursday!
Today I am thankful for soup.
It's the little things, isn't it? Today I spent the morning with my friend Cathy Hawk, a full-blooded Italian, learning to make pasta fagioli. We had a great time and I picked up some wicked soup-making skills! My friend Robin Davis joined in on the fun too! I love these ladies!!!
Even more important than the soup, I am thankful for Cathy's kindness over this past 4 months during my IV treatments. Cathy is a newer friend. I just met her at the beginning of 2010. Our girls were in Gymnastics together, then we found out that we went to the same work-out class. When Cathy found out about my illness from my blog she said that she didn't know what to say, but she knew how to make soup, so that would be how she would take care of me. Cathy kept up with my blog. Every single time I had a rough day or a turn for the worse I got an email from Cathy telling me that soup would be delivered the next day. It ALWAYS came at just the right time...when I was really down and out. Cathy took care of me. I will NEVER, EVER forget her kindness and love. I get teary thinking about it. I'm not sure I can ever repay her adequately.

So today, I am thankful for soup...Cathy's soup!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Just found your blog, looks great! YAY for friends like Cathy, they make it all a little bit easier don't they?

Unknown said...

The best way to re-pay the kindness of a friend is to pay-it-forward! Be sure to treat someone else in need as people have helped you. :)

Josh said...

Dear Cathy,

Please send the recipe for pasta fagioli to Minnesota, STAT! :-)

Good friends are hard to come by. Keep that one around, Stac.